Well, Hello There!

I'm so glad you came to visit my cottage.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Palm Challenge thru a Prim Sister's Inspiration

I'm in a couple of primitive creation groups thru eBay.  In my TMAP group, the sweet leader is Kareybeth.  I sent her an inscribed bookmark and it really inspired her to start a creativity challenge and then in turn she inspired the prim sisters to take the inspriation challenge.  On the bookmark I had written one of my favorite scriptures about 'we are inscribed in the palm of His hand' found in Isaiah 49 in the Bible.  So the challenge was to make something from the things around us that would fit in the palm of our hands.  What I am posting next is what I created thru the inspiration of Kareybeth's challenge.

Well here goes....

I thought about this journal challenge and you know me, I'm gonna go to the Bible first.  So I typed in "Palm" in the search box and this was the first scripture that came up... now mind you it's thinking outside the box so to speak. The children of Israel were constantly murmuring about their plight in the wilderness, all the things they had to endure, and I thought dear Lord is this me!?

"If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.
And they came to Elim, where were twelve wells of water, and threescore and ten palm trees: and they encamped there by the waters."

Palm here is a tree, but it got me to thinking what does it take to grow a tree or any other living thing... a SEED!  I looked over and in my garden bag sitting here by the desk was a packet of seeds.  They fit in the palm of my hand!  I started thinking about the scriptures above and knew within my heart that I was striving to do just as the children of Israel... to come out of oppression, so if I harkened to the scriptures above, then the Lord promised that he would heal me!  There were 3 score (a score is 20 yrs) and ten palm trees and that equals 70.  For 70 days starting today, I will praise God for healing!!  I will plant seeds of healing within my heart, soul and mind by claiming God's promise.

Everything you see in my project was within arms reach of my computer. When finished, I placed it in the palm of my hand and confirmed to God that I trusted Him to keep His promise. The heart in my hand (doll) states my love for Christ. The tiny heart means my heart has been changed forever by His love. The Scrabble W stands for Wanda. 

So... my journey has begun.  We will see what happens in 3 score and 10 from now. :)

Thanks Karen for starting this!!!  I'm already inspired.
Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment